Friday, February 19, 2010

Woooo Hoooo, It's Friday ...

Well, I'm here at work early. I have a cardmaking get together this evening with my to-be daughter-in-law, Nikki, this evening and I want to leave work a little early.

I'm here, but I really don't know how I managed to do that. I didn't get to sleep until late. It seems my body's on some new kick where even once I finally fall of to sleep, I don't sleep well. One thing's for sure, if I don't start getting some sleep at night, I'm going to just keel over into my scrap pile.

Wait a minute ... on second thought, I don't know if that would be such a bad thing. Hahahahaha

Seriously, though ... this morning I'm extra tired. Yesterday was a temendously long and extremely busy day. Of course, I had to work my "9 to 5", but once I got home, I also had 2 card orders that I had to finish - and I did! Anyway, I wound up staying late at work, but on the upside, I received an order for 2 more cards from one co-worker, a request to make a "school girl"-type cloth doll from another co-worker, and it was also suggested/offered by yet another co-worker to host not one, but two separate "home parties" - one for my cards and one for my dolls. Wow! I didn't see that coming ... LOL

Strange how things happen ... Staying at work last night was on my own time (unpaid), but the day turned out to be quite "fruitful" nonetheless. I got some extra work done and I got requests to create.

I feel so blessed to have the things I love making praised and appreciated by others and I am going to receive monetary compensation for doing what I love: making cards and dolls. But you know, more than that (getting the money, I mean), what gives me encouragement and insentive to continue with what I do is the fact that people really like what I do.

Have a Great Day! and thanks for stopping by ...
De

No comments:

Post a Comment