Saturday, February 20, 2010

You Can't Force Creativity ...

After getting my grandson settled-in and myself prepared to start a new day, Xavier and I retreat to my studio and both begin to pla ... he with his toys and me with my cards.

I spend the better part of the morning trying to finish the "Dream" card, but my mind just won't focus ... my mind just kept racing toward the tons of other things I've got to get done today.

I guess it's true -- you can't force creativity, it just has tao flow. And, that's exactly what happened. Try as I may to focus onthe "Dream" card, nothing I tried as inspiration helped me to figure what to do. Oh, I got ideas, but for a different card altogether. I tried to ignore it but finally went with the flow. [I'll post a picture in the next couple of days.]

Anyway, after a few hours of play, satisfied that I had at least created something, and with new ideas fresh in my head and listr in hand, Xavier and I are heading out to run my errands.

No comments:

Post a Comment